Message Congress of the European Academy of Pediatric Dentistry is: take care of your child early and starting with you!
Paraphrasing this message for parents, this means basically these:
- Mother – your oral health and your family counts for your child.
- It matter even during pregnancy .
- Its matters after birth. One of the biggest risk factors for caries is the presence of cavities in young baby in the mother’s mouth .
- Moreover health matters entire family and the entire entourage
2.Mother-often and closely supervise your child’s teeth early
- Caries process can start as soon as the first milk teeth erupt. Your child may begin to have cavities still from 5-9 months. To prevent this process to happen it is important to clean the baby’s mouth after every meal, as early as 4 months.
You may request from time to time visit the home of a dentist or visit it as soon as possible!